Rockstars

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bored much? Check out Rockstar Summer Event!

Navigation

Clan Playlist

+6
OutRank
Slash
lllNinjalll
IrAFishywee
Darylin
PedoBear
10 posters

Reccomend an Anime

Slinky
    Slinky
    Admin

Reccomend an Anime - Page 2 Empty Re: Reccomend an Anime

Post by Slinky Tue 28 Jul 2009, 2:20 pm

Claymoooooooarrr. >>; [Flees all Dramatically.]
    IrAFishywee
    IrAFishywee

Post by IrAFishywee Tue 28 Jul 2009, 3:53 pm

ohh nuu wai *tackles slinkeh and clings >3
    PedoBear
    PedoBear

Post by PedoBear Fri 31 Jul 2009, 3:28 am

OutRank wrote:Hmmm true, But then again it's like most other manga. If you think aobut it.

I was thinking and the only other manga i could come across was DBZ o.o to much talking for no reason just like bleach just to keep it going
    OutRank
    OutRank

Post by OutRank Fri 31 Jul 2009, 2:23 pm

Hmmm, I guess.
    But I still think it's part of the story line, I mean would you want it to be always fighting and stuff? at talk sometimes.
    IrAFishywee
    IrAFishywee

Post by IrAFishywee Sat 01 Aug 2009, 5:06 am

whole things boring and repetitive <_<
    TonerBoner

Post by TonerBoner Sat 29 Aug 2009, 5:16 am

muhahahhaha.
    i calls To Love Ru for echi/harem
    lucky star/k-on for comedy
    hayate the combat butler for action and comedy
    blood+,trigunz,samurai champloo,darker than black for action
    O_O i got tons of moar cuz im azn.
    Xinuix
    Xinuix

Post by Xinuix Sat 29 Aug 2009, 3:08 pm

Admin wrote:Claymoooooooarrr. >>; [Flees all Dramatically.]
    I recommended it to you. >w<

So...Elfen Lied for horror/romance.

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya for comedy/romance

Bakamonogetari/School Days/Shuffle! for weird romance and some pretty fracked up scenarios XD

Air/Kanon/Clannad/Spice and Wolf (first and second season) for some deeper story and abstract ideas.

That's all I can really think of right now. These are old btw, since those are the ones I used to watch a while back. XD I don't know of anything that may be new.
    Slinky
    Slinky
    Admin

Post by Slinky Sun 06 Sep 2009, 7:38 pm

Kigeki aka Comedy - a 10 minute anime short tells the dark folktale of a 5 year old girl who, as the English army draws near her village, seeks salvation only the Legendary Black Swordsman can provide.

And RAWR, I wish Claymoar chapters came out every week instead of montly..>_>
    PedoBear
    PedoBear

Post by PedoBear Thu 01 Oct 2009, 9:36 pm

Bludgeoning Angel Dokuro-Chan
    IMO Funny ass hell
    you want to know the plat LOOK DOWN BELOW
    a second-year junior high school student who, twenty years in the future, while attempting to create a "Pedophile's World" forces all women to stop aging after the age of twelve, offends God by the side effect of having created immortality. Dokuro Mitsukai, a member of an order of angel assassins that are called Rurutie, has been sent from the future to kill him. Believing that Sakura can be redeemed, Dokuro decides instead to keep Sakura so occupied that he can never develop the immortality technology. Due to her impulsive nature and super-human strength however, she frequently kills him with her gigantic spiked kanabō (club), Excalibolg, on a moment's impulse, but returns him to life moments later with angelic power. Sabato, another assassin of the Rurutie order who uses her feminine wiles to do her job, is dispatched to complete Dokuro's original mission: Sakura's assassination.
    IrAFishywee
    IrAFishywee

Post by IrAFishywee Thu 01 Oct 2009, 11:34 pm

detroit metal city >_> WORST anime eva but hai i recommend et anehways bwahaha go through mai pain >>
    Heero
    Heero

Post by Heero Mon 26 Oct 2009, 12:23 am

FINAL EDIT!: Almost forgot! HOKUTO NO KEN! err Fist of the North Star in english. It is regarded as the best anime of all time to some and has had a main series, a remake of that series simply entitled Hokuto No Ken 2, a Live Action Korean TV SHOW!(Not movie, full on tv series), Several Live Plays for the story, and even 3 or so movies.

Okay let's take an attempt at this...

I'm ordering these by sections, no specific order, just off the top of my head.

[LET ME SHOW YOU MY REAL POWER]
    Bleach
    Dragon Ball Z
    Dragon Ball GT
    Naruto (Shut up narutard, face it, it's a LET ME SHOW YOU MY REAL POWER)
    Naruto Shippuden (Haven't watched but it has Naruto in the name...)
    Prince of Tennis ( MY FAVORITE ANIME OF ALL TIME!!! )
    s-CRY-eD

Those are pretty much the biggest in the LET ME SHOW YOU MY REAL POWER section

Next we have the...

[GOOD GUYS ALWAYS WIN!]
    Trigun
    Rurouni Kenshin
    Yu Yu Hakusho
    Zatch Bell
    Sailor Moon

and up next we have...

[EVERYONE LOSES Q.Q]
    Wolf's Rain
    Cowboy Bebop
    Paranoia Agent

not quite the last category...

[THINGS THAT ALMOST HAVE A PLOT]
    Black Cat
    FLCL
    Wild Arms (The Anime)
    Final Fantasy Unlimited
    Lucky Star
    The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumi(?) dunno if that is the right title...

and last but not least...

[THIS ANIME WILL MAKE YOU SHIT BRICKS TIS SO ORIGINAL AND AWESOME]
    eh let's see there are only a few but damn were they great

Desert Punk (This thing deserves complete and undivided attention)
    Megas XLR (I know it's not traditional 'anime' but it's full of pop culture)
    Golden Boy (Loooool if you love sexual innuendos you'll love this)
    Death Note (Even though I don't like mainstream stuff, this is so clever)
    Ghost in the Shell SAC (ATTENTION: DO NOT WATCH IF YOU LACK INTELLIGENCE!)
    Ghost in the Shell SAC 2nd Gig (ATTENTION: ABORT ABORT ABORT TOO SMART4ME!)
    Cowboy Bebop (I know I put it up above, but it truly is a great anime)
    Full Metal Alchemist (Ugh seriously...one of the best stories every told imo)
    Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood (Turning out to be an even better tale)
    Lupin III (Stick to the classics Wink )
    Berserk (Don't watch if you're gonna wanna see how it ends.)
    Afro Samurai (He's fucking Samuel fucking L fucking Jackson...)

[About Berserk]
    EDIT: Berserk Anime is only the first 13 Volumes of the manga and there are 30+ Volumes to date.

Eh well, if you're wondering about the sub-text in parenthesis, what I mean is... Berserk is one awesome anime/manga/story in general. If this were a freaking novel it would get some awards. However, if you plan to read or watch, I suggest reading it. BUT this is not a story for everyone. This tale is very very very disturbing, full of gruesome death depictions, disturbing sexual illustrations, and even the text is almost haunting. If you're thinking,"How could this be good..?", well let me tell you a little bit more and what makes it so wonderful. Throughout the entire story (up to what I've read) there is always going to be a very depressing atmosphere, but no matter what, you can't stop reading, it's almost unbelievable how the character manages to pull through. BUT THATS THE THING, it is believable, the character manages to stay human, and ungodlike which is something that I really admire. That's what separates this from LET ME SHOW YOU MY REAL POWER, not to mention the plot is just amazing. It takes place in Medieval times and it has a lot of touchy subjects like Catholic faith and inquisition (Mass murdering of women for belief reasons) but I still love this, it is probably my favorite story of all time... and I haven't even finished reading half of it yet. It's hella long, I downloaded the scanilations of the manga and it was over 3GB!!! If you need something to read, check it out, but don't say I didn't warn you for what's in store...

A LITTLE IDEA OF WHATS IN STORE FOR YOU IF YOU READ BERSERK... DO NOT READ IF AT WORK OR IF PARENTS ARE NEAR BY / OVER SHOULDER

Imagine a large cavern, and in the center there is an orgy around a large fire, with just tons and tons of people going at it like rabbits, in the center is an initiates pot (full of a concoction to consume). Any new practitioner of this sex fest has to consume what is in the pot. A young brothel had brought a man whom she had been in love with here to share her body with him, and she offered him the bowl of what was in the pot. He took the bowl and looked at what was inside, it consisted of a bloody mess watered down and it even had a finger and an eye-ball floating about. He screamed, turn around, and proceeded to run but realized he was going deeper into this cave, where he met their idol. It was a living Goat-Man. A man with a goat for his head, and snake for his genitalia.

That is a rough 2 pages of berserk out of a random chapter about 1/3rd the way through the manga. Yes, the entire thing is very graphic and usually violent but there are some panels in this comic that just amaze me at how beautifully drawn they are, even when they are so dark and gruesome. The artist and writer is sick and twisted, but I think that's what he was going for in this, and in my opinion he created one of the best stories of all time.

Sorry if this was a bit TOO GRAPHIC, if it is I'll edit the post please don't delete it Slinks D: just censor some of it out if necessary, but I think I saw something about bible black in here which is pretty much the depiction of satanic rituals which cause females to grow male genitals and then they sacrifice themselves and have sex while they bleed to death so yeah...I think they are about equal in terms of WHOA WTF AM I READING ABOUT?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content