Rockstars

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bored much? Check out Rockstar Summer Event!

Navigation

Clan Playlist

[Project] 8-bit Avatar Gen?

Heero
    Heero

[Project] 8-bit Avatar Gen? Empty [Project] 8-bit Avatar Gen?

Post by Heero Tue 10 Nov 2009, 1:15 am

So I've been wanting to do this for a while, but my procrastination got in the way of procrastinating and here I am wasting time procrastinating on the forum, when I could be doing what I'm about to propose now. So yeah, without further adieu:

I'm thinking about creating a program that will allow one to make their own 8-bit creation without doing any of the painstaking paint work themselves. Let me explain. I will create dozens of bitmaps that will contain the following parts of an 8bit.

-Head
    -Body
    -Hands
    -Legs
    -Feet

The program will start off by asking you the sex of your character:

-Male?
    -Female?

Then the program will open up the builder which will have boxes sorta like this
    ..........______________________________
    Head: <- [Fimbul Winter Headband (Women)] ->

and it will look something like this

Head: <- [Stuff goes here] ->
    Body: <- [Stuff goes here] ->
    Hand: <- [Stuff goes here] ->
    Legs: <- [Stuff goes here] ->
    Feet: <- [Stuff goes here] ->

And to the right of that there will be a picture of your avatar as you pick the pieces.

So yeah, if anyone thinks this would be a good idea, or if people want to try and create 8bit models xD save me a little bit of work that'd be epical!

I'm most likely going to start working on this tonight or tomorrow morning when I wake up.
    Heero
    Heero

[Project] 8-bit Avatar Gen? Empty Re: [Project] 8-bit Avatar Gen?

Post by Heero Tue 10 Nov 2009, 1:16 am

Lol I'm so stupid I just realized I could have made an html table....
    Heero
    Heero

Post by Heero Tue 10 Nov 2009, 1:34 am

I need LOTS OF EXAMPLES!

If you have a full set of premiums I would appreciate it very much if you went into your inventory and equipped it and took pictures of the left side, right side, front side, and back side and posted them here so I can use those for reference and help me scale things. Thanks in advance!
    Heero
    Heero

Post by Heero Tue 10 Nov 2009, 1:48 am

//Dimensions by HeeroYamato
    //32Pixels x 32 Pixels Resolution

//I'm aware that there are 2 Hand Variables.
    //lHand is left hand, and rHand is right hand.
    //lHand needs to show the back-side of the hand where the knuckles would be.
    //rHand needs to show the open-side of the hand where the palm area resides.

mHead = 18pixels x 15pixels [Plane=32,32;Starting Coordinates=07,00;Ending Coordinates=24,14;]
    mBody = 16pixels x 17pixels [Plane=32,32;Starting Coordinates=08,12;Ending Coordinates=23,28;]
    lHand = 04pixels x 05pixels [Plane=32,32;Starting Coordinates=11,21;Ending Coordinates=14,25;]
    rHand = 04pixels x 05pixels [Plane=32,32;Starting Coordinates=22,21;Ending Coordinates=25,25;]
    mLegs = 12pixels x 07pixels [Plane=32,32;Starting Coordinates=10,24;Ending Coordinates=21,30;]
    mFeet = 17pixels x 03pixels [Plane=32,32;Starting Coordinates=09,29;Ending Coordinates=25,31;]

//Overlay is for things like if the Body contains a collar that would overlap the Head region.
    //Hand is also an Overlay!
    //lHand should be drawn to scale and will not be over-lapped.
    //rhand should be drawn to sclae but will most likely be over-lapped in the left region.
    //Legs and Feet are subject to Overlay.

Body Overlay = 16pixels x 03pixels [Plane=32,32;Starting Coordinates=08,12;Ending Coordinates=23,14;]

//Typing in comments because I'm not sure if I will use this file in the future this is reference. . .
    //These Parts need to be filled in accordingly, but are not required to be filled with actual model.
    //You are allowed to use a mask that will cause it to use background color, or be over-lapped by other parts.

/*NOT YET FINISHED!!! I WILL RESUME THIS IN THE MORNING!!!*/

//Save This Picture below and open it with Paint.
    //Zoom in maximum to see clearly what I mean with these dimensions and that should help clarify and lower the amount of questions you have.
    [Project] 8-bit Avatar Gen? BodyZone

Last edited by Heero on Tue 10 Nov 2009, 2:27 am; edited 3 times in total
    Heero
    Heero

Post by Heero Tue 10 Nov 2009, 2:02 am

/* Post Reserved for Annotations and Developer Notes */

//Thank you!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr 2024, 8:27 am