Bored much? Check out Rockstar Summer Event!

Navigation

Clan Playlist

Gunz : TBF > DBF ?

Skitz
    Skitz

Gunz : TBF > DBF ? Empty Gunz : TBF > DBF ?

Post by Skitz on Thu 05 Nov 2009, 8:38 pm

Disscussion !!!!

TBF Owns DBF?

Who agrees / Disagrees ? ? Very Happy Razz
    Xinuix
    Xinuix

Gunz : TBF > DBF ? Empty Re: Gunz : TBF > DBF ?

Post by Xinuix on Fri 06 Nov 2009, 2:20 am

I will say DBF >TBF because i can't do tbf.

SO...it's just out of spite.
    Adumbness
    Adumbness

Post by Adumbness on Sun 08 Nov 2009, 10:19 am

NONE DO! cause I can't do either x.x;;

Admin

Post by Slinky on Mon 09 Nov 2009, 12:50 pm

Considering that I can't TBF I say DBF is mildly better than TBF. I mean both of them do better in a variety of situations but..

TBF is too hard to do. :\

Besides, DBF is good with close combat when you're cornered. As for TBF, it's good when up against more than 1 player cornered. That's the way I see it. ^^;
    Heero
    Heero

Post by Heero on Mon 09 Nov 2009, 3:22 pm

Speaking in hypothetical situations where everyone has the same skill and perfect hardware with the same internet speed:

As Slinky stated it's about the situation you are in. Let's assume that everyone can TBF in this order

Initial movement on the ground in any direction
    Jump
    Slash
    Block
    Dash
    Slash
    Block
    Dash
    Slash
    Block as you reach the ground

If you are able to do this (and believe me it's possible) then you will have blocked any projectile in-front of you, and most likely dodged the majority of accurate shots from any other given direction.

Why is this?

Well you have to understand when you tbf perfectly you are not just locking your slash animation, you are essentially doing tortoise gate with dashes and slashes. (I.E. Kent, rushing at you and you shoot him he blocks bullets.).

"More slashes are not always better..."

This is true, but more blocks are always better. Truth be told, if you fight someone who can perfectly lock tbf while moving with dashes you're screwed if you massive. Due to the sudden change in character position and the lack of the game keeping up with the animations you won't hit them with a massive. You can Sky massive, ground massive, front massive, back massive, you can even jump massive, you still won't hit them because the game can't keep up. This is a serious glitch and partially the reason why so many people got banned for TBF'ing initially.

In compliance with Jet Theory and God Frame

TBF is one of the most commonly used Jet Theory mechanics since it's the fourth easiest animation lock. With e-flip being the easiest followed by gear tap and right in front of TBF wind step. For those of you who don't know Jet Theory is the idea of playing with nothing be animation locks and it's seen as the End-All of GunZ. Anyone who can follow Jet Theory is pretty much a Guru among techniques. As for God Frame, this is still being studied and probably won't be considered complete for another 5 years or so since it's only just be discovered and practiced by the more 'elite' GunZ enthusiasts. However I am aware of what it is, so I'll briefly explain. God Frame is when you cancel out one action with another action before it happens. To do this you have to start one action at the first frame of the previous action. There are only 2 people to my knowledge that can do this at will and they don't even play gunz, they just find animation glitches and master them. TBF being utilized with god frame to my knowledge the only possible way to do this is to cancel a massive when you get it by using the vanishing massive tech which you can search on youtube, or if you want I'll embed my demonstration of it.

TBF v.s. DBF

Back to the real discussion and off the theories. When most people think about TBF they think, more slashes = faster death. However this is not true because anyone can simply walk away from a TBF, there is no lock since TBF pushes your victim away. This is why today DBF Lock and Tiger COD (Circle of Death) are still the most effective ways to murder your victim. However if you don't angle any "Sword Enthusiast" Will be able to stun you and start their assault. When I think of TBF I think, "I'll use this to push my attacker away run back and reload. //or// I'll use this to push back my attack step back and begin a Golden Gate or DBF Lock combo. In a situation with a Gun Fight I would use TBF to avoid ground shots aimed at my feet and effectively Tortoise the entire region of my body before the enemy could have a chance to open fire in a weak area. Because remember when you tbf, you tortoise, and a tortoise block lasts for about .43 seconds so if you block in increments of .28 seconds 43 - 28 = 15. Thats 15ms that overlaps the first block so you will have the chest region of the first block blocked for 15ms and when you initialize the second block your feet will be in that area and they only have a gap of about 20ms to hit you with any shots. This is very hard to pull of and if anyone does it's going to be fluke or they will have to use something like a Rifle that can fire more rounds per second than a block can block. Anyways I think I'm going too deep into this so I'll just finish this up in very basic situations that are more realistic

TBF vs DBF in reality

Small Hallways such as mansion TDM Spawn exits: TBF > DBF 'IF' you can do it 85+% of the time. You will effectively lock them since there is no room for them to be pushed back and they will die within 4 seconds depeding on your weapons.

Large Area such as Hall or Town Clock area: DBF > TBF 'IF' you can DBF Lock. You will have to be fast enough to get behind them and this will give you a rough estimate of how much delay you need to have between each slash so they cannot escape from your rape-like technique.

Corners: TBF > DBF period.
    Even in a gunfight if you can TBF 30% of the time you'll be better off because remember; More blocks = less hits on your part. Especially at your only weak spot: the feet.

There are more than 10,000 possible situations where this could apply but I don't want to go over them all, it's not like your brain can process those situations fast enough to find the best possible action to do either, and in most situations the best possible action is neither DBF or TBF.

A veteran TBF'r would say TBF > DBF
    A Master of DBF Lock would say DBF > TBF

It really doesn't matter, it all depends on how you play (Tactics) and what you plan to do (Strategy).

A perfect player would never be in a situation to DBF or TBF.

Post by Xinuix on Mon 09 Nov 2009, 3:49 pm

Heero...that's intense. lol.

I think after being humbled by what you said, I'm going to get rid of k-style altogether.

Spraying seems much easier. >w<
    Heero
    Heero

Post by Heero on Mon 09 Nov 2009, 8:46 pm

Xinuix wrote:Heero...that's intense. lol.

I think after being humbled by what you said, I'm going to get rid of k-style altogether.

Spraying seems much easier. >w<

YOU! Go look at my request thread goddamit! T-T

Post by PedoBear on Tue 10 Nov 2009, 4:14 pm

idk tbf or dbf but i do know demi's dbf
    Adumbness
    Adumbness

Post by Adumbness on Wed 11 Nov 2009, 9:43 am

... Heero killed me with that testament @.@

Post by Heero on Thu 12 Nov 2009, 12:10 pm

Ada wrote:... Heero killed me with that testament @.@

The sad part is I could have said about twice that much about this topic x_x

Post by Xinuix on Thu 12 Nov 2009, 1:50 pm

Heero wrote:

DO ET!
    Slash
    Slash

Post by Slash on Sat 14 Nov 2009, 2:50 am

Xinuix wrote:
    Heero wrote:

DO ET!

I agree.

This topic is of much interest to me.

Please continue Heero

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 21 Oct 2019, 3:09 pm