Rockstars

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bored much? Check out Rockstar Summer Event!

Navigation

Clan Playlist

2 posters

Direct3D Tutorial

Heero
    Heero

Direct3D Tutorial Empty Direct3D Tutorial

Post by Heero Mon 09 Nov 2009, 2:38 pm

So yeah... I think Xi said he was learning Direct3D openGL, teach plox. Or tell me where to go to lern. I want to make some graphical overlays and stuff, I just learned how2make dll's and I have no idea what to do with them because the only kicks I can get are from hacking games like C&C that I can already simply accomplish via cheat engine. X_X
    Xinuix
    Xinuix

Direct3D Tutorial Empty Re: Direct3D Tutorial

Post by Xinuix Mon 09 Nov 2009, 10:11 pm

*came because of other topic*

For some reason, I completely passed this over, but if you want to look into learning openGL, there's a pretty good book that'll teach you, though I don't know if you want to use that to learn. It gets pretty technical, at least for what I'm doing, because we aren't given any tools as per say, other than the libraries for our files. The course I'm taking right now bases itself on teaching you how to code all of the things required to render an image properly. Keywords you could try to look for are ray-tracing, orthographic projections, barycentric coordinates (for colouring), z-buffer algorithms. I'm guessing this may be straying from what you're hoping for, but this may give you a glimpse at the mathematical aspects involved with graphics. We don't get to use nice programs unfortunately.

From a complete media perspective, if you want to get away from the code and just want to start creating 3-D models without the intense coding involved, I dabbed a bit into a free software called Blender, which allows for 3D modeling. It's a good introductory program for anyone looking to get into graphics, but like most media applications, can take a long time to master if one wants to dig deeper.

When it comes to Direct3D, I believe that's Microsoft's take, so it may be different from OpenGL. I can't really help much in this area. XP I think you're further ahead than I am when it comes to coding prowess.

Hope that helps Heero. :S
    Heero
    Heero

Post by Heero Tue 10 Nov 2009, 1:00 am

Xinuix wrote:*came because of other topic*

For some reason, I completely passed this over, but if you want to look into learning openGL, there's a pretty good book that'll teach you, though I don't know if you want to use that to learn. It gets pretty technical, at least for what I'm doing, because we aren't given any tools as per say, other than the libraries for our files. The course I'm taking right now bases itself on teaching you how to code all of the things required to render an image properly. Keywords you could try to look for are ray-tracing, orthographic projections, barycentric coordinates (for colouring), z-buffer algorithms. I'm guessing this may be straying from what you're hoping for, but this may give you a glimpse at the mathematical aspects involved with graphics. We don't get to use nice programs unfortunately.

From a complete media perspective, if you want to get away from the code and just want to start creating 3-D models without the intense coding involved, I dabbed a bit into a free software called Blender, which allows for 3D modeling. It's a good introductory program for anyone looking to get into graphics, but like most media applications, can take a long time to master if one wants to dig deeper.

When it comes to Direct3D, I believe that's Microsoft's take, so it may be different from OpenGL. I can't really help much in this area. XP I think you're further ahead than I am when it comes to coding prowess.

Hope that helps Heero. :S

Lol I have 3DS Max but I'm not worried about modeling so much as just making overlays for stuff x_x I talked to snail and here was our convo uhhh yeah soz for extremely long names and time stamp.

[13:14] <(ㅅ_ㅅ)> ジョセフです: ;o do you know how to make an overlay like this guy does?
    [13:14] <(ㅅ_ㅅ)> ジョセフです: https://2img.net/h/i166.photobucket.com/albums/u85/darthvader10/fk30co.jpg
    [13:15] <(ㅅ_ㅅ)> ジョセフです: not talking about the openGL stuff just talking about that box that displays the hack/status
    [13:17] カタツムリ:ヨホホホヨホホホ♪: ya u hook EndScene in direct 3d 9 and draw what ever u want on there and it will appear above everything else
    [13:18] <(ㅅ_ㅅ)> ジョセフです: o.o sounds like hax
    [13:18] カタツムリ:ヨホホホヨホホホ♪: pretty much is o.O
    [13:18] <(ㅅ_ㅅ)> ジョセフです: rofl
    [13:18] <(ㅅ_ㅅ)> ジョセフです: I meant it sounds hard
    [13:19] カタツムリ:ヨホホホヨホホホ♪: ya it is, took me awhile to figure out how to hook the IDirect3D* and IDirect3D->Device to be used, then u hook endscene or w/e u want
    [13:19] カタツムリ:ヨホホホヨホホホ♪: kinda confusing sht
    [13:19] <(ㅅ_ㅅ)> ジョセフです: how does your dll work? the one that displays fps/cpu usage
    [13:20] カタツムリ:ヨホホホヨホホホ♪: all that has is the direct 3d hooks and an endscene hook then it draws all the info in endscene
    [13:21] <(ㅅ_ㅅ)> ジョセフです: x.x
    [13:21] <(ㅅ_ㅅ)> ジョセフです: I need 2 lern this direct 3d business
    [13:21] カタツムリ:ヨホホホヨホホホ♪: it r hard even i dont know everything about direct3d yet XD
    [13:21] カタツムリ:ヨホホホヨホホホ♪: although i made a chams hack along with texture, wireframe and sht, i think i posted some of the source on gzf
    [13:21] カタツムリ:ヨホホホヨホホホ♪: x.x

Of course we were referring to a gunz hack however I'm more interested in learning this so I can make my own shit o.O ... Don't be jumping to conclusions now >.
    Thanks anyways Xi Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 4:47 pm